Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Self-Publishing

In the process of downloading and reading the writings for tomorrow's meeting, I noticed that Google had very nicely put some ads related to book publishing alongside the e-mail. Well, one caught my attention and I decided to check it out.

https://www.createspace.com/Products/BooksOnDemand.jsp

Basically, they'll post your book to Amazon, allow you to set your own price, print it each time someone buys a copy, and seemingly all for a percentage of each sale plus the cost of one book delivered to you as your proof.

I haven't tried it yet (helps to have something written to publish), but it sounds pretty good. Of course, the one thing they're not doing is getting the word out for you, or putting on the shelves of a bookstore.

Anyone else know of or recommend other on-demand or self-publishing outfits?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for sharing this - how exciting! I will totally have to check it out once my book is edited.

Madison Mimi said...

Hello mate nicee post